During this UCF/Educause course, I hope to revise the Introduction to Designing Online Courses. In fact, I have already decided to change the name to: Introduction to Designing Blended Courses. In addition, I want to
- critically examine the alignment of goals and objectives
- review and perhaps replace some readings
- improve the discussion prompts to encourage deeper thinking
- enhance and improve interactions
- include a more “UDL” approach to teaching and learning
I realize that I need to be more intentional about using multiple media to present information. Currently I use traditional reading material (articles) and some videos. I would like to include some case studies, infographics, and guest speakers.
In addition, I would like to offer participants more choice in how they represent knowledge and understanding of content. The course is primarily reading and discussion based. I want to include other ways for students to demonstrate what they know.